The main cast, the main staff, the story premise, and a teaser trailer have been revealed for Fairy gone, an upcoming original TV anime set in a world where fantastical creatures have been turned into weapons of war. The main staff for Fairy gone includes:
- Original work: Five fairy scholars
- Director: Kenichi Suzuki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Drifters)
- Series composition, screenplay: Ao Jūmonji (Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash)
- Character & fairy draft: Haruhisa Nakata
- Character design: Takako Shimizu
- Music producer: (K)NoW_NAME
- Opening theme: “KNOCK on the CORE” by (K)NoW_NAME (TOHO animation RECORDS)
- Animation production: P.A. WORKS
The story of Fairy gone is set in a world where mysterious creatures known as fairies can possess animals and cause them to manifest strange powers. By transplanting organs from these animals into people, human beings can create super-powered “fairy soldiers”. Nine years after the Great War, the fairy soldiers have scattered to various new paths in life: some as government agents, some as gangsters, and some as terrorists. One organization, “Dorothea”, investigates and solves cases of illegal fairy-related activity.
Fairy gone will broadcast in Japan beginning in April of 2019.